Hess's Alternative Home Heating
Mark III Coal Stove
The Mark III Coal Stove is sophisticated, yet powerful enough to heat most homes.
The body is robotically formed and welded from a single piece of ¼-inch steel.
A blower system and specially designed baffle circulate heat throughout your home,
not up the chimney. Reduce your utility costs even more with an optional stainless
steel residential hot water coil.
- 92,000 BTUs - heats 1,900 to 4,900 square feet, based on climate & home efficiency
- Up to 24 hours of burn time from each load of coal
- Harman Grate System extends heating by completely burning coal to fine ash
The amount of heat produced by a heating appliance is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs). One BTU represents the amount of energy required to raise the temperature of 1 lb. of water by 1 degree F.
Generally, more BTUs correlate to greater heating potential. However, the amount of BTUs needed to heat a specific area varies, based on climate and home efficiency.
Super Magnum Stoker Coal Stove
The Super Magnum Stoker breaks the barriers of coal heating.
Sophisticated temperature controls and a blower system keep your heating consistent;
while venting options let you distribute the warmth to other living spaces.
- 105,000 BTUs — heats 2,000 to 5,300 square feet, based on climate and home efficiency
- More than 100 hours of burn time from each load of coal
- Exhaust sensing technology constantly monitors and adjusts heat levels
- Air filter ensures optimal air quality
The VertiFlow™ Stoker System burns each piece of coal thoroughly and completely—for amazing fire control, maximum heat and impressive burn times. Coal is fed from the bottom of the hopper and automatically controlled based on heating demands. This allows each piece of fuel to remain in intense heat throughout the burn cycle, resulting in less ash and greater heating efficiency.
For more information please contact
Dennis Hess @ 814-977-4249:
For a complete list of all Legacy products that we carry please contact us,
and set up an appointment to discuss all your home heating needs
and options we have available.